Cold Plasma launched in the UK in November 2022. We are delighted to bring you this exceptional treatment.
But it has many anti-ageing benefits too!
So what is it?
Cold Plasma is a professional treatment, employing the breakthrough Plasma Shower technology. Plasma Shower technology to transform the main gases in the air between the device tip and the patient’s skin (mainly Oxygen & Nitrogen) to non-thermal plasma, in temperatures of 35-40 °C. It is safe to the touch and with no ablation effect. In addition, Treatments cause no pain or discomfort and require no down-time.
Cold plasma treatments are effective for all the following aesthetic indications:
- Suppressing acne and balancing sebum production
- Decreasing the symptoms of seborrhea, eczema, atopic dermatitis, rosacea and the like – Soothing inflamed, irritated and dehydrated skin
- Reducing inflammation and its related blemish
- Whitening skin stains
- Long-term anti-aging impact
- Improving absorption of active substances by the skin
Boosting Absorption of Active Substances
Research shows that atmospheric plasma increases epidermal permeability, in the first 12 hours after treatment, by ~24%.
Cold plasma treatment aids the insertion of active ingredients into the skin (e.g. by electroporation + iontophoresis) to significantly increase the absorption, and therefore the impact, of these ingredients on the skin.
Pain-free Treatment with No Downtime
The cold plasma treatments cause no pain or discomfort. These treatments do not inflict any skin ablation, and therefore require no downtime.
Super-effective Acne Treatment
For patients suffering from acne (including adult acne, papules and pustules), atmospheric cold plasma is extremely effective in:
- Destroying P. acne bacteria
- Quickly reducing skin inflammation
- Soothing the Skin
- Preventing acne reoccurrence,
by balancing sebum production
Relief for Problematic and Irritated Skin
The oxidative stress of cold atmospheric plasma has an antioxidant impact on the skin immune system.
It reduces the damaging effect of chronic skin diseases – such as atopic dermatitis, eczema, and seborrhea – which manifest in inflamed, irritated, dehydrated, and rough skin.
Skin Regeneration & Anti-Aging Impact
Cold plasma therapy is a powerful anti-aging treatment. The atmospheric plasma:
- Triggers division of the basal cells – Stimulates epidermal regeneration
- Boosts production of new collagen
- Stimulates formation of new blood vessels, thus assists in healing wounds
- Strengthens the skin immune system and the epidermal barrier
- Improves intercellular communication
Anti-Inflammatory & Whitening Effect
Atopic oxygen in atmospheric cold plasma has a whitening effect – It oxygenates the melanin in epidermal skin stains.
Cold plasma is especially effective for skin stains under which an inflammatory process takes place –
By reducing the inflammation, the plasma also reduces the level of haemoglobin around the skin stain, thus reduces blemish.